Got a question? We are here to answer! If you don't see your question here, drop us a line onv WhatsApp or via Email, or give us a call (see Contact Page for details).
Please refer to our General Terms and Conditions of Sale and Delivery (GTS) for specifics and as
legally binding document of all business relations between Vienna Scientific Instruments GmbH and any natural or legal persons (Buyers/Customers). Special regulations apply to the webstore
How long does it take to receive a quote?
Quotes are usually sent within 2-3 business days after the request is received. Please call or send a chat message
(WhatsApp) in urgent matters (meeting grant proposal deadlines etc.) to fast-track your quotation.
Where do you ship?
- We provide services to customers world-wide. Please note, in the aftermath of the COVID19 pandemic situations there are still occasional delays in delivery due to a limited
capacity of carriers, etc.
Does my quote always include shipping?
No. All Product prices exclude costs of shipping and handling and insurance, in accordance with delivery terms designated by VSI. Shipping terms on quotes will default to Ex-works.
This term means by definition that the Buyer is responsible for arranging shipping from our facility in Alland, Austria. Alternatively, Buyers may indicate to receive the goods via our
distributors. Thus, quotes do not include shipping charges unless requested (e.g. on the request pricing form). Unless otherwise agreed in writing, costs will be
paid by the Buyer and will appear as a separate item on the VSI invoice. VSI shall ship in accordance with standard practices. Buyer may specify different shipping instructions, subject
to agreement by VSI. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing by VSI, all products shall be packaged, if appropriate, for shipment and storage in accordance with standard commercial
practices. All packing shall conform to carrier requirements.
Are customs duties, taxes, and other fees included in my quote?
No. All customers are responsible for calculating and paying customs duty, taxes, and any additional fees required. Customers inside the EU single market are advised to provide the
VAT number of their institution/company when ordering - otherwise the Austrian tax rate has to be charged. Please consult an importation specialist to determine taxes and fees if you are
located outside the EU single market. Customers situated in North American / China may consider to order goods and services via Bartz Technology Corporation, USA or Beijing Eco-mind
Technology, China, respectively.
How long will my order take to ship?
- Because most products are build on demand, shipping/delivery dates depend on the complexity of the product and current workload. A realistic shipping date will be calculated when Buyer's
request a quote. However, shipping/delivery dates are approximate and may be delayed absent prompt receipt from Buyer of all necessary information. VSI shall not be responsible for any failure to
perform or delay attributable in whole or in part to any cause beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to Acts of God, government actions, war, civil disturbance, insurrection,
sabotage, labor shortages or disputes, failure or delay in delivery by VSI suppliers or subcontractors, transportation difficulties, customs clearance, shortage of energy, raw materials or
equipment, or Buyer’s fault or negligence. In the event of any such delay the date of delivery shall be deferred for a period equal to the time lost by reason of the delay.
Why do I need to fill in a configuration form for a "simple item" such as a rhizobox / rhizonbox?
- As we want customers to receive exactly the rhizobox / RhizonBox designs they need, we implemented the use of an pre-set configuration form in February 2019 to avoid any
misunderstandings--there are literally infinite configuration options! Please ensure that we receive your latest changes of the required design well before we start production!
May I speak to an application specialist or scientist about my research and VSI instruments?
- At VSI we care about our customers and want them to succeed in their research. Please get in contact and we will connect you to one of our application specialists or one of the
collaborating researchers / scientific advisors depending on your needs.
Do you provide training and support for your instruments?
- Yes, once your instrument is delivered the developers/engineers of each product are available to answer questions and provide additional technical support as needed. It is also possible to
book our applications specialists for courses - addressing initial startup, operation and maintenance topics.
Do you provide calibration, maintenance and repair services for your instruments?
- To ensure a continued, long-term functionality of your device, we are offering calibration & maintenance services and recommend to check your device regularly. You may send your
devices in for repair during the warranty period and afterwards; costs may apply after the warranty expired or if the item was handled or operated unduly. We offer the repair service for at least
10 years after purchase and/or as long as spare parts are available on the market.
How long is the warranty period?
- VSI warrants that, for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of shipment of the Products from VSI. VSI SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR
CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE OR LOST PROFITS) WHICH MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OF PRODUCTS PURCHASED HEREUNDER, AS FURTHER SET FORTH IN THE CONDITIONS OF SALE. This limited
warranty extends only to Buyer as original purchaser unless otherwise agreed upon in writing by VSI.
- The foregoing warranty shall not apply if the defective Product (i) has been subjected to abuse, misuse, neglect, negligence, accident, improper testing, improper installation, improper
storage, improper handling or use contrary to any instructions issued by VSI, (ii) has been repaired or altered by persons other than VSI, (iii) has not been installed, operated,
repaired and maintained in accordance with the documentation or operated outside of the environmental specifications for the Product; (iv) has failed due an Act of God, including but not limited
to fire, flood, tornado, earthquake, hurricane or lightning or (v) has been used with any devices, accessories or products not manufactured by or approved by VSI. In addition, the foregoing
warranty shall not apply to Products (i) marked or identified as “sample,” (ii) loaned or provided to Buyer at no cost, or (iii) which are sold “as is”.
- If during the Warranty Period: (i) VSI is notified promptly in writing upon discovery of any defect in the Product, including a detailed description of such alleged defect, (ii)
such Product is returned, transportation charges prepaid, to VSI designated manufacturing facility subject to the prior approval of VSI, and (iii) VSI inspections and tests
determine that the Product is indeed defective and the Product has not been subjected to any of the conditions set forth above, then, as Buyer’s sole remedy and VSI's sole obligation
under the foregoing warranty, VSI will, at VSI option, repair or replace without charge the defective Product. In no event will the Buyer itself nor will the Buyer allow any
party other than VSI or a third party authorized in writing by VSI to perform any service on the Products.
- We offer several options to extend the warranty period.
How can I return an item to VSI?
- Custom-made items can only be returned if they do not fulfill the specifications agreed on in writing, in case of any warranty claim or for repair and calibration purposes. Costs may occur.
Please see the "Returns" sections for specific return instructions.
How about the payment conditions?
- Services and Products with a value ≤3.000€ (without VAT) must be paid with completion of the performance/ signing the delivery notes within 14 days from invoice date.
- Services and Products with a value over 3.000€ (without VAT): 50% of the remuneration shall be due on conclusion of the contract for the start of performance (project instalment) within 7
days, and 50% following completion of performance with the date of signing the delivery notes and/or the written information to the customer, regarding project/production finishing, within 14
- Payments have to be made to our Austrian bank account (as given on the invoice) in EURO. Payments by credit card and cheques are currently not possible; please ask for payments via
PayPal if relevant. Payment processing and currency conversion fees (for payments made in other currencies) are sole duties of Buyers.
Why do I not receive Emails from Vienna Scientific Instrument?
- We strongly suggest you regularly check your spam folder for VSI notifications. Update your 'Safe Senders' list to ensure that emails from Vienna Scientific (i.e.
email@example.com or other addresses ending on *@vienna-scientific.com) are not filtered into your spam folder.